Clinical Risk & Audit Manager
|Dates:||27/5/2023 – 11/6/2023|
|Work Type:||Full time|
Aspen Medical is seeking qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Clinical Risk & Audit Manager. The post holder will be responsible for the professional management of a comprehensive clinical safety/risk management program and for the introduction and/or implementation of measures to ensure the Hospitals obligations under prevailing health and safety legislations and Clinical Governance Framework are met.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Keep up to date with health & safety legislations, clinical guidelines and advise unit management on legislative developments which may affect Safety, Health and Welfare of patients and staff.
- Establish appropriate structures and processes in relation to risk reporting, incident management and Health and Safety within the Hospital.
- Coordinate the development and review of relevant/required risk and incident management policies, procedures and guidelines.
- In conjunction with appropriate staff, assist in identification of potential risk through risk assessment, analysis of accidents/incidents and near miss incidents, periodic safety inspections and/or audits. Make recommendations to reduce, prevent or eliminate risks identified.
- Maintain the Incident Reporting System (IRS), a risk audit database and liaise with department heads in relation to issues arising.
- Conduct orientation for all new staff and training of staff regarding risk management issues and high-risk (sentinel) events to ensure they are identified, notified, managed and improvements made within acceptable timeframes.
- Conduct/facilitate root cause analysis for identified incidents and facilitate family meetings.
- Provide quarterly and ad hoc reports to highlight trends in relation to accidents/incidents.
- Ensure mortality and morbidity guidelines are implemented in all departments to identify opportunities for improving existing practices, systems and processes.
- Establish and track facility clinical audits, analyze and provide reports.
- Provide secretariat support to the relevant committees and panels.
- Any other risk management related duties as may be assigned.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or Equivalent from a recognised institution is preferred but other clinical degree qualifications with risk management experience may be considered.
- Valid annual practicing licence and registration (if applicable to practice in Fiji).
- Minimum of 5 years in an acute hospital setting.
- Sound knowledge of basic nursing principles and clinical practice.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient or client information.
- Exceptional communication skills both in written and verbal.
- Service orientated approach, with a commitment to supporting the overarching values and goals of Aspen Medical globally.
- Demonstrate ability in planning, delivery, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on nutrition programs and activities.
- Computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft program with desire to learn.
- Prior clinical leadership role
- Good knowledge of the Nursing Act (2011), Scope of Practice, FNC Code of Ethics and Conduct (for nursing background only), Occupational Health & Safety Act, Clinical Guidelines, and related legislations.
Culture: Aspen Medical offers exceptional career opportunities, exposure to exciting and cutting-edge projects and an opportunity to work with people who are genuinely passionate about what they do.
- Professional development opportunities (we will contribute towards training courses of interest that will assist you in developing in your role)
- Paid Family Care leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- On site ongoing wellness programs
- Flexible working options as applicable
- Opportunities to work and learn with/from the Aspen Global Team of experts
For any queries on the position, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity and inclusivity in the workplace and actively encourage applications from qualified candidates, diverse cultural backgrounds, and applicants with disabilities who possess relevant skills and knowledge to apply.