Medical Officer – Radiology
|Dates:||13/5/2023 – 28/5/2023|
|Work Type:||Full time|
Aspen Medical is seeking qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Medical Officer Radiology. The position supports and assists the Senior Medical Officer and is responsible for using medical imaging technology to diagnose and treat illnesses and injuries. The position will consult with other doctors in the treatment of patients producing visual representations of specific areas in the human body that are related to diagnosis.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Implement activities of the hospital by working effectively with the SMO and adheres towards a positive collegiate relationship.
- Undertake clinical responsibilities in the hospital and on outreach, by being actively involved in patient care, available for consultation and liaison with other units and referring hospitals, maintaining appropriate records and confidentiality, to ensuring best practice care to obtain best possible outcomes whilst promoting and maintaining client focus.
- Participate in peer reviews and implement the monitoring and evaluation of hospital activities to ensure corrective measures are undertaken to provide effective and efficient services.
- Responsible for the implementation of public health programs and activities at operational levels.
- Identifying and minimizing risk at a systematic level through effective communication and management skills to contribute to improve clinical governance.
- Undertake education, research activities and some teaching to train and support staff, students and other stakeholders; be responsible for personal continuous professional development and be a health advocate.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- An undergraduate medical degree with successfully completed internship and radiologist experience.
- Knowledge of evidence-based standards of safe practices in general medicine with interest in the relevant Specialized field of Medicine.
- Aware of with some knowledge of medical and government legislation, policies and medico-legal compliance.
- Aware of the concepts/tools used in clinical leadership, management, audits, research, monitoring and evaluation and clinical governance.
- Experience working in a hospital with limited resources.
- Experience in resuscitating patients with life-threatening emergencies, participating in an emergency response, and supporting team members and relatives of very sick patients.
- Good Clinical Skills including procedural skills.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team, work under pressure in a resource constrained environment/facility and can cope with adverse outcomes.
- Able to recognize and escalate the care of complex medical problems using evidence based approach with guidance from Specialists.
- Able to assist in organizing professional development activities (conferences, meetings and workshops) and shows responsibility in personal development and learning new skills.
Culture: Aspen Medical offers exceptional career opportunities, exposure to exciting and cutting-edge projects and an opportunity to work with people who are genuinely passionate about what they do.
- Professional development opportunities (we will contribute towards training courses of interest that will assist you in developing in your role)
- Paid Family Care leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- On site ongoing wellness programs
- Flexible working options as applicable
- Opportunities to work and learn with/from the Aspen Global Team of experts
For any queries on the position, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity and inclusivity in the workplace and actively encourage applications from qualified candidates, diverse cultural backgrounds, and applicants with disabilities who possess relevant skills and knowledge to apply.