Nurse Unit Manager [NUM] – Eye Department
|Dates:||16/9/2023 – 1/10/2023|
|Work Type:||Full time|
Aspen Medical is seeking qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Nurse Unit Manager – Eye Department. The purpose of this position is to manage the eye department and to act as a mentor and preceptor teaching and supervising Team Leaders, Registered Nurses, Intern nurses, Nursing Student and Ward Assistance to assist in the overall management and supervision for Eye Patients, through proper planning, coordinating, controlling, and evaluating of staff activities through the resources provided to them. To ensure the provision of safe, efficient, and safe nursing care to all patients and relatives by implementing quality customer services.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Plans, organizes, and oversees staff to provide patient care, evaluates care and ensures customer satisfaction, oversees the units daily staffing requirements (28days rostering with safe skill mix)
- Prepare staff to create individual tailored training and change plans on daily basis during handing over.
- Recognise both individual and group learning needs and identify the most effective ways of ordering them.
- Ensure plans are in place to manage difficult situations relating to bereavement care daily and support staff in managing deaths.
- Maintenance of a safe working environment for support staffs and their patients.
- Prepare Unit Plans for department and align with Lautoka Hospital Aspen Medical Business plan.
- Ensure correct documentation and safe keeping of patients’ belongings.
- Ensure Patient Information System and Tamanu is updated, reflecting patient’s journey and progress.
- Creating plan for resolving conflict in a way that benefits the individual nurses, team, and patients in a timely manner.
- Monitor acquired hospital infection rate, hospital pressure injures and care of the IV Site (this includes CVC lines)
- To dedicate clinical nursing hours and clinical teaching of subordinates.
- Efficient discharge planning and the utilisation of the transit lounge to minimise bed block.
- Organization of new admission, discharges, and transfers.
- Utilisation of the clinical and HR digital platform
- Facilitate understanding of HR policies to RN’s.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Post Graduate Certificate or Diploma in Eye Care
- The position should have 8-10 years of working experience as a clinical nurse in the eye department
- Hold a valid annual practicing license and registration as a general nurse with the Fiji Nursing Council
- Experience in nursing at a major hospital, community health or similar nursing environment
- Sound knowledge of basic nursing principles and clinical practices
- Good knowledge of the Nursing Act (2011), Scope of Practice, FNC Code of Ethics and Conduct, Public Service Code of Conduct, Occupational Health & Safety Act and relevant legislations
- Exceptional clinical nursing skills with the ability to care for patients using structured approaches within the scope of practice for registered nurses.
- Ability to plan and manage the supply of pharmaceuticals and consumables.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient or client information.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Service oriented approach, with a commitment to supporting the overarching values and goals of Aspen Medical globally.
Culture: Aspen Medical offers exceptional career opportunities, exposure to exciting and cutting-edge projects and an opportunity to work with people who are genuinely passionate about what they do.
- Professional development opportunities (we will contribute towards training courses of interest that will assist you in developing in your role)
- Paid Family Care leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- On site ongoing wellness programs
- Flexible working options as applicable
- Opportunities to work and learn with/from the Aspen Global Team of experts
For any queries on the position, please contact us via email [email protected]
We value diversity and inclusivity in the workplace and actively encourage applications from qualified candidates, diverse cultural backgrounds, and applicants with disabilities who possess relevant skills and knowledge to apply.