Team Leader [TL] – Eye Department
|Dates:||16/9/2023 – 1/10/2023|
|Work Type:||Full time|
Aspen Medical is seeking qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Team Leader – Eye Department. The purpose of this position is to manage the clinical area and to act as a mentor and preceptor teaching and supervising Registered Nurses, Intern nurses, Nursing Student and Ward Assistance to assist in the overall management and supervision for Eye Patients.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- To assess needs of the patients, prioritise health problems and effectively plan, implement, and evaluate treatment plans for patients by maintaining relevant professional standards and guidelines daily.
- Build and lead a cohesive team by providing wholistic support for staffs when required, actively promoting workplace a learning environment and ensuring the delivery of high-quality services for critical patients during their admission in the unit.
- Act as a lead clinician for the smooth day to day running of the practice as appropriate, being first contact day to day operational matters after hours.
- Effectively communication with clinical and non-clinical contemporaries to ensure relatives of patients (next of kin) are fully informed of the treatment and smooth running of practices daily.
- Work as an effective and responsible team leader by supporting others and participating in team activities once a month that creates opportunity to improve patient care.
- Being role models for staffs and recognise the importance of people’s rights interpreting them in a way that is consistent with procedures.
- To cooperate fully and openly with the investigation of the patient complaints including drafting responses to complaints as appropriate.
- Following health and safety Policies and Guidelines, managing, and assessing risks within areas of responsibility ensuring that adequate measures are in place to protect staff and patients on a daily.
- Facility discharge planning and the utilisation of discharge lounge to minimise bed block in the hospital.
- Promote the clinical digital platform.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Post Graduate Certificate or Diploma in Eye Care
- The position should have 5-8 years of working experience as a clinical nurse in the eye department.
- Hold a valid annual practicing license and registration as a general nurse with the Fiji Nursing Council
- Experience in nursing at a major hospital, community health or similar nursing environment
- Sound knowledge of basic nursing principles and clinical practices
- Good knowledge of the Nursing Act (2011), Scope of Practice, FNC Code of Ethics and Conduct, Public Service Code of Conduct, Occupational Health & Safety Act and relevant legislations
- Exceptional clinical nursing skills with the ability to care for patients using structured approaches within the scope of practice for registered nurses.
- Ability to plan and manage the supply of pharmaceuticals and consumables.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient or client information.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Service oriented approach, with a commitment to supporting the overarching values and goals of Aspen Medical globally.
Culture: Aspen Medical offers exceptional career opportunities, exposure to exciting and cutting-edge projects and an opportunity to work with people who are genuinely passionate about what they do.
- Professional development opportunities (we will contribute towards training courses of interest that will assist you in developing in your role)
- Paid Family Care leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- On site ongoing wellness programs
- Flexible working options as applicable
- Opportunities to work and learn with/from the Aspen Global Team of experts
For any queries on the position, please contact us via email [email protected]
We value diversity and inclusivity in the workplace and actively encourage applications from qualified candidates, diverse cultural backgrounds, and applicants with disabilities who possess relevant skills and knowledge to apply.