As a patient at the Lautoka Hospital or Ba Hospital you will be treated with privacy and respect and in the best interest of you and your family.
With a large team of friendly staff, we are focused on the provision of the highest quality healthcare.
- We are dedicated to serving the interest of the patient and their families.
- We are honest with our patients and empower them to make informed decisions about their treatment.
- Patient autonomy is paramount, provided these decisions are ethical and do not lead to demands for inappropriate care.
- We display care and empathy in our communication with our patients, their families and our colleagues.
- We commit to working collaboratively within our multidisciplinary team to maximise patient care.
- We are respectful of one another.
- We actively promote the welfare of our colleagues by acknowledging their efforts.
- We assess each other’s performance honestly, objectively and constructively without misrepresentation.
- We avoid any public criticism of each other, our colleagues or facilities through any means.
- We provide open, honest and trustworthy information and are accountable, reflective and open to feedback.
- We participate in the processes of self-regulation, including the remediation of members who have failed to meet our professional standards.
- We commit ourselves to professional competence through a commitment to lifelong learning and maintenance of our clinical knowledge and team skills necessary for the provision of quality care.
- We commit to supporting our team members through education, training, supervision and mentorship.
- We are committed to equality of opportunity and to ensuring that the working and training environment is free from discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment. We will always endeavour to recognise and intervene to prevent behaviors that may intimidate, humiliate or undermine a person.
- We will work actively to eliminate discrimination in our workplace, whether based on race, gender, socioeconomic status, ethnicity or religion.
- We commit ourselves to our core values of Compassion, Pursuit of Excellence, Integrity, Respect and Teamwork and endeavour to adhere to them in all aspects of our work.
Our Patient Charter recognises that the people receiving care and the people providing care all have important parts to play in achieving quality health care.